Exploring a nation’s capital has its excitement. Although Delhi has so much to see that one cannot cover it in one visit. To make your city tour a happening and memorable one, here are some of the places to visit. Surely, you are going to love them.
1. Connaught Place- Capital’s heart
Connaught Place of in short CP is one of the busiest and live places in Delhi. It is surrounded by high-rise buildings having offices, restaurants, pubs, bars, etc. It is the main attraction of all ages.
You can see one of the gigantic national flags sizes 60 feet hoisting in the centre. You can visit India’s first underground AC and street shopping market-Palika bazar and buy stuff at reasonable prices. Jantar Mantar – a historic place, a gurudwara called Bangla Sahib, famous for its reflecting pool.
- Timings– 10 am -8 pm (Restaurants and bars open till 11)
- Place– near Rajiv Chowk Metro station, New Delhi
2. Kalindi Kunj- World of the adventure
Kalindi Kunj is an excellent place for adventure-loving people. Delhi eye- a giant wheel is one of the main attractions of this amusement park having a height of 45 meters and rotates around many popular sites including Qutub Minar, Red Fort, Lotus Temple, Akshardham and Connaught place. Parachute towers, striking cars, Fizbee, rangers and much more add to the fun.
- Price – Kids, Senior Citizen- Rs 600, Single- Rs 1200, Couple- Rs 2200.
- Timings – 11 am to 7 pm (Open all seven days)
- Place – Kalindi Kunj Park, Adjacent to Kalindi Kunj Metro station.
3. DLF promenade- Chill out Zone
Are you a movie buff? Then DLF Promenade is a must place for you to visit. To your surprise, this mall has seven-screen multiplex having occupancy of 1140 seats. A great place to shop in your favourite fashion brands and enjoy. Entertainment zone and outdoor play area are one of the attractions of this mall.
- Timings – 11 am-11 pm
- Place – Vasant Kunj, New Delhi
4. Hauz Khas Village- Walk down the electrifying path
It is one of the happening places for party hoppers who love going to swanky bars, pubs, and lounges. It is also a great place to dine in with family. You will see various designers, antiques, art gallery and offices being part of this magnificent place. Hauz Khas Fort is another attraction of Haus Khas Village where scenic beauty compels you to capture them in your cameras.
- Timings– 10 am-7 pm (Restaurants are open till 11 pm)
- Place– Hauz Khas, Delhi
5. Lodhi Garden- A Peaceful Haven
Lodhi Garden is a peaceful place to enjoy with lush greenery. The scenic beauty with tombs and monuments make it a more interesting place to visit with family and friends.
- Timings – 5:00 am to 8:00 pm (from April to September). 6:00 am to 8:00 pm (from October to March). It is open on all days of the week.
- Place – Lodhi Road, New Delhi
6. Book Cafes- A Home for Book Lovers
Wish to have a coffee, a sandwich and a book to get lost in. So for all book lovers, here are some of the best book cafes that will make you lost in bookish world: Cha Bar, May Day Cafe and Book store, Ivy and Bean, Cafe turtle.
7. Red Fort- A Historical Memory
Make your evening colourful with light and sound show at Red Fort, which will astound you by displaying its history.
- Show Timings – 7 pm – 8 pm onwards (Hindi ) and 8.30pm-9.30 pm ( English)
- Price – Adults-Rs 80 and Kids- Rs 40
- Place – Chandni Chowk, New Delhi
8. Deer Park- A Posh Picnic Place
This is one of the posh areas and a good picnic spot of Hauz Khas to chill out with friends and family. Do check Dear Park, duck Park, rabbits, fountains and Mughal-era monuments. You will take beautiful memories with you after you visit this beautiful place.
- Timings – 5 am to 8 pm (summer) & 5.30 am to 7 pm (winter)
- Place – Hauz Khas Village- New Delhi.
I hope visiting these amazing places will give you a vibrant feel of our nation’s capital.